May 1, 2009

finally back again

It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sorry that I've been neglecting this blog, I've really been busy with life - our family was struck with some news that has been pretty difficult to swallow, so our time has been spent with each other and sorting everything out.

But I do have to say, all in all, I feel blessed. I always feel that I'm being shown wonderful things every single day and it's a privilege to realize that and take it all in. Our Australia and New Zealand trip was a good example of that, and I hope to recount some of the experiences so I can remember them for a long time to come. The whole trip was filled with good friends, good food, and spontaneous moments. We knew what we wanted to do, but didn't make a set itinerary. We really just planned our trip from day to day. And it was perfect that way.

Three words that I'd use to describe some of the trip: seafood, smoothies and ice cream. Yes, all of those were food. There is so much more to tell, but the food is a good start. This first photo is of the smoked salmon and prawn salad from James Squire Brewhouse on Darling Harbour, the second is the hubba enjoying his breakfast sandwich and a tasty mango smoothie, and the third is homemade honeycomb ice cream.




Can't wait to share more with you - it was an inspiring trip to say the least.


No comments:

Post a Comment