December 17, 2009

holiday card drafting

Due to a love of paper and letterpress, the Egg Press sale in December prompted me to purchase lots of cards for holiday giving. But since I'd like to see more than 10 designs, my best buddy and I have devised a lovely way to choose from the Egg Press collection. We order 20 cards (two sets of 10) and sit down to a meal (lunch, dinner, something scrumptious) and set out all the cards - then we take turns choosing our favorites! The meal for this card draft consisted of rich and creamy scalloped potatoes, roasted pork tenderloin, and salad with homemade croutons. This was followed by freshly baked cookies, brownies, and hot chocolate. Don't mind our cheesiness - I could not stop laughing during the "twisty arms toast."

Note the sweet "Joy to All" card -- it was by far my favorite. Each of the 20 cards we received from the sample sale was different.

Here's to the the now hopefully ANNUAL card draft! Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. you guys are the cutest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the tree on the table is tilting in those photos! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love eggpress!! Nice antrho mugs ;)

    ReplyDelete