January 20, 2010

wonder foodie: thrown together

You know, that last post was so ... brown! Time to spice it up a bit with some pumpkin soup. I had an Australian Blue (gray, really) pumpkin from my mom and sister's trek to the pumpkin patch that really needed to be cooked - can you believe it lasted so long? I didn't want to waste it, so I roasted it late last week for 8 hours at 200F a la this recipe. It was so easy to take the seeds out and scoop all the pumpkin out - but what to do with it now? I didn't want to make a pie, so soup it was! A hybrid of this recipe and this one, with a lot of spices and improvisation.

Here it is with sour cream, cilantro, and homemade croutons. Forgive the laptop camera photo. A mid-week soup for a rainy day, and inspiration to throw more recipes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment