May 27, 2009

wonder foodie: zabaglione at home

When the hubba and I want to go on a date night, one of our favorite places to go is a local Italian restaurant. And when we go, I always get the Zabaglione with mixed berries. It's a light, delicious, and slightly nutty custard made with eggs, Marsala wine, and sugar.

It seemed pretty simple, so I wanted to try to replicate it at home. We had a post-Memorial day dinner yesterday and I gave this recipe a try, adding a little less of the Marsala to cut down on the alcohol flavor. And it was a success, though I think I'll add even less Marsala next time. But it was a nice combination of sweet blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries with the smooth zabaglione and freshly whipped cream. Mmmm, summer is coming! I can feel it. Two berry posts in a row! Parting fact: the french word for zabaglione is sabayon!

No comments:

Post a Comment