September 29, 2009

hambly screenprints

Last year after visiting the Maker Faire, I discovered a great scrapbook and sticker company, Hambly Screen Prints, that just happens to be local. I was fortunate enough to take a tour of the studio when I went to pick up some papers and rub-on transfers that I ordered - from Mr. Harry Hambly himself! His excitement and stories about the history of Hambly Screen Prints was a great reminder of how we need to take little steps toward creativity sometimes. And how we need inspiration from other sources and other people to grow. Most of Hambly's original screen print designs now come from Allison Kreft, who brings a fresh perspective to the established company. Here is one of my favorite new designs for the season - elephants! And yes, that paper is metallic orange with a fuchsia print!
In addition to fabulous scrapbook papers, Hambly also has rub-on transfers like the ones above, in sweet doily lace patterns and modern colors. Just beautiful! Allison posted a tutorial on the Hambly blog on how to use the transfers to make canvas art. Fast, easy and hardly any clean up! Awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh rub on transfers, I used to love those as a kid!

    You should try the Honeycrisp apples from Trader Joe's. They're from Seattle and they're really tasty..I had the sample before I bought a couple : ) Definitely beats the regular fuji and red delicious!

    ReplyDelete