October 17, 2009

inspired outfits

I don't generally think about fashion much, but I do enjoy and appreciate it. I think I would consider it more if I had more time - especially to go thrifting. Finding fun treasures and clothing you can re-purpose is so appealing. For fall clothing in general, I'm feeling ruffles, vests, graphic tees, blazers, striped cardis and Minnetonka trampers.

Here are a few fun outfits that I have been saving in my inspiration folder:

From The Sartorialist
Love the graphic tee, olive green leather jacket and boyfriend jeans! This girl looks effortless, and I love that.

From Weardrobe User Tania
The trampers are great mixed with a jean vest (80's!) and a folk-inspired floral dress. I like the color palette here.

From Weardrobe User Greta Eagan
The trench coat is classic fall, and I love the plaid shirt paired with a unexpected orange belt. The pop of color is great. I've always wanted a yellow belt, but orange? Great idea.

So everyone knows The Sartorialist's blog, but my sister introduced me to Weardrobe, and I love that it's like a whole bunch of fashion photo blogs for real people. You can click through and get tons of up to date fashion inspiration for the season. I don't shop much since I'm so busy, but I do like being inspired by different patterns and textures together. Especially when it's Chic for Cheap! I mean, fashion is art, and I like myself some art! Also check out my fashionista and all-around thrifty gal pal Davina's blog, Douceur Vivre. She's always throwing sweet outfits together on a whim and it's such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment