November 8, 2009

my day of birth

I had a simple and lovely birthday, I can't believe that another year has passed. This year consisted of many little moments, with lots of sweets in between.

It started off with dinner the night before with the hubba at a Japanese tapas place - we had an assortment of dishes, including a delicious ochazuke finished off with green tea creme brulee for dessert. On my actual birthday, my co-workers took me to my favorite local creperie and I had a strawberry and nutella crepe with fresh whipped cream. Then my dear mom and sister surprised me and came to work with chocolate filled cupcakes and a singular balloon. And after youth group, we celebrated with two of our good buddies over homemade strawberry shortcake. And to finish off the weekend, one of my youth kids surprised me with some freshly baked white chocolate macadamia cookies while others made handmade cards. Not to mention several amazing friends who left messages and calls for me. How sweet it is to be loved! Twenty-eight, you're off to a great start.

birthday card by simplesong

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a great bday! And hey from a fellow 28 ... it's pretty good. :D Two months in ... I'm feeling it haha ... have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday Al!!! sounds like you had a super "SWEET" birthday!!

    ReplyDelete